Ahead of the second reading of the Accessibility for New Zealanders Bill, Access Matters Aotearoa is calling for the Bill to be amended using a co-design process with disabled people.
Last month the Social Services and Community Committee produced its final report on the Accessibility for New Zealanders Bill. The committee made no substantive changes to the Bill; nor did it accept the United Nations disability Committee’s recommendation that the Bill be withdrawn and co-designed with disabled people.
Access Matters has put out the call for people to:
"Join our digital storm targeting the Minister using the hashtags#NoTeethNoBilland#AccessibilityNZBillFail.
- Post on Facebook to @priyancanzlp
- Send a message on Instagram to @priyancanzlp
- Tweet @priyancanzlp on Twitter
- Send a message on LinkedIn to @priyancanzlp
- Don’t forget to include the hashtags #NoTeethNoBill and #AccessibilityNZBillFail
- Phone the Minister’s office on +64 4 817 8735
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com"