Te Manatū Waka - Ministry of Transport is currently consulting on a proposal that new and used vehicles imported into Aotearoa New Zealand meet stronger exhaust emission standards.
Stronger emissions standards are likely to significantly reduce the health impacts and social cost of the emissions produced by our vehicle fleet.
Te Manatū Waka - Ministry of Transport are holding online information sessions throughout June 2023. These will be informative and interactive sessions covering different aspects of the proposals.
On 15 June there's a session on requiring Euro 6/VI for vehicles modified for disabled people. All topics and timing are outlined below.
To register, please indicate which session or sessions you would like to attend by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuesday 6 June - 2:00 - 3:30pm: Requiring Euro VI for heavy vehicles
- Thursday 8 June - 2:00 - 3:30pm: Requiring Euro 6 for light vehicles, motorcycles and mopeds
- Monday 12 June - 10:30am - 12:00pm: The impacts of implementing the Euro 6/VI emissions standards on health and air quality
- Thursday 15 June - 10:30am - 12:00pm: Requiring Euro 6 for vehicles modified for disabled people
- Friday 16 June - 9:30 - 11:00am: The impacts of implementing the Euro 6/VI emissions standards on equity
For more information about Euro 6/VI vehicle emissions standards and to provide feedback see - Reducing harmful vehicle emissions from road transport
Consultation closes 5pm 22 June 2023.