The Royal Commission of Enquiry into Abuse in Care have created an online engagement space at www.korero.abuseincare.org.nz.
From 1 November to 8 December they’re asking people to tell them how care and support can be improved so that:
- culture and identity are respected
- there is fair treatment for all
- family and whānau are involved
- Mana and dignity are upheld
- accessing services and support is easier
- a quality education is available for all.
The purpose of this online engagement is to provide another way for people to share their ideas for how care and support can be improved in Aotearoa New Zealand. It doesn’t replace existing engagement activities or the ability for survivors and their whānau to engage with the commission through private sessions or statements.