- Easy Read: Electoral Review Summary in Easy Read [PDF]
- Easy Read: Electoral Review Summary in Easy Read [Word Doc]
- NZSL: Summary document Independent Electoral Review in NZSL
- NZSL: Consultation Document Independent Electoral Review in NZSL (video series)
- Make a submission in NZSL: go to https://www.seeflow.co.nz/direct and select “Electoral Review Feedback” from the dropdown menu.
- Large print, Braille Ready Files, and Daisy (audio) are also available at the bottom of Consultation document page.
- Te Reo: Consultation Document in te reo Māori [PDF]
- Te Reo: Summary in te reo Māori [PDF]
The Independent Electoral Review has been established by the Minister of Justice to review our electoral law.
The Review covers a range of issues including:
- voting age
- overseas voting
- the length of the parliamentary term
- the funding of political parties
- the party vote and one electorate seat threshold
- election advertising
You can have your say either through writing a submission, recording a submission in NZSL, or by completing an online survey.
- Read the Electoral Review Consultation Document or Summary
- Find out more about how to have your say and make a submission - Electoral Review Have Your Say
- Fill in the Electoral Review Survey
The survey and submissions close on November 14.