Tauranga City Council are currently advertising for an Inclusive Cities Advisor. This is a full-time role, initially on a six month contract.
The purpose of this role is to:
- provide strategic advice and expertise on Age Friendly and Disability needs including the development of initiatives to address related issues in the City
- provide specialist advice to support the disability community in ensuring disabled people are fully included and valued in city life,
- provide specialist advice to support older people in ensuring they are fully included and valued in city life
- advocate for, and drive programmes and activities that aim to create a city where people can age positively, and where the older population are highly valued and recognised as an integral part of the community,
- build and strengthen community partnerships relating to disability and positive aging using local and national networks
- help Council connect with its communities and together plan a sustainable future for the city and the organisation;
- manage the implementation of the Age Friendly City and Disability Strategies.
For more information and to apply, see the job ad on the Tauranga City Council website.