- Alternate formats: The Key Themes document is available in Easy Read, large print, audio and Braille. It will be available in NZSL shortly - Alternate formats - Interim Report Key Themes, Independent Electoral Review.
Over the past year, the Independent Electoral Review has been looking at how to make Aotearoa New Zealand’s parliamentary electoral system clearer, fairer, and more accessible so as many people as possible can take part.
The review panel have released an interim report setting out the draft recommendations for changes to Aotearoa New Zealand's electoral system.
To assist with navigating the interim report, the panel have also published a document that gives an overview of the key themes of the review.
These six themes are:
- making our electoral law fit for the future
- improving MMP
- a referendum on the parliamentary term
- supporting more New Zealanders to vote
- fairer rules for political financing and campaigning
- upholding te Tiriti o Waitangi / the Treaty of Waitangi.
Read the Interim Report, Independent Electoral Review.
Have your say
The panel is calling for feedback to help their thinking and refine their recommendations.
You can have your say by:
- completing an online survey
- writing your own submission, or
- attending a public webinar.
The webinars are on:
- 13 June at 12.00pm – 1.00pm
- 27 June at 7.00pm – 8.30pm
- 28 June at 12.00pm – 1.30pm
- 28 June at 7.00pm – 8.30pm (closed captions)