Disability Advisory Group Members - Oranga Tamariki
- Give recommendations and share knowledge based on your own experiences
- Share your thoughts on different proposals, to help Oranga Tamariki leaders make decisions
- Connect with different parts of the disability sector
The Group's purpose
The Disability Advisory Group would be made up of 5-6 members from across Aotearoa New Zealand.
As a member of the Group, you would support Oranga Tamariki by sharing your thoughts and lived experiences of disability and any experiences you may have had with Oranga Tamariki.
Your input will help us provide better support to disabled tamariki (children), rangatahi (young people), disabled parents, and whānau (families).
The Disability Advisory Group will aim to:
- Contribute to a significant shift in disability policies, practice and support.
- Provide advice on creating an Oranga Tamariki Disability Strategy, and putting it into practice.
- Suggest ways to strengthen the current way of doing things.
- Discuss new ways of working that could benefit the people we support.
- Help us build trust and confidence among service users in the disability sector.
For more information and/or to submit an expression of interest see the Oranga Tamariki website.
Applications close 5 June 2022