2 fixed term positions available, finishing April 2023 and June 2023
This is an opportunity to support Whaikaha – Ministry of Disabled People's Office for Disability Issues to deliver results for disabled people through engagement with the public and influencing work programmes and service delivery of other government agencies.
The role includes:
• Promoting the New Zealand Disability Strategy (2016-26), Disability Action Plan (2019-23), and UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
• Contributing to the timely delivery of high-quality speech notes, Ministerial responses to correspondence, answers to Parliamentary Questions, Official Information requests, Ombudsman correspondence, select committee questions and advice for the Chief Executive.
• Managing relevant projects and initiatives to ensure the successful delivery of the Office’s work programme, as agreed with the Director and in accordance with the needs of the Office and your personal development plan, with minimal supervision.
• Building and maintain sustainable, professional, and collaborative relationships and networks across Whaikaha, across government and within the disability sector to facilitate meaningful engagement.
• Alerting the Director and others to critical risks that may impact on the work of the Office and the Government’s commitment to progressing the rights and opportunities of disabled people.
• Understand the sector issues and imperatives and assist in providing second opinion advice on draft legislation and policy development led by other government agencies that impact disabled people.
For more information and to apply see the Senior Advisor, Office for Disability Issues - Whaikaha job advert
Application close 8 December 2022