Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | The Ministry of Education are advertising for a General Manager, Learning Support who will be responsible for leading the new Learning Support function within Te Pae Aronui | Operations and Integration.
The Learning Support function focuses on central practice support for Learning Support delivery staff. Locally-based learning support delivery teams report to Te Mahau takiwā as part of integrated local delivery teams across the motu. In this role you will:
- Transition and oversee the learning support function to deliver high quality and nationally consistent practice guidance advice and expertise to the Takiwā and across the system
- Lead the cohesion and connection between policy, curriculum, and delivery for learning support
- Lead a team to provide practice support and guidance that is informed by regional and local delivery of an integrated learning support service in the Takiwā
- Perform an assurance function for delivering the right support based on policy and regulatory settings
- Strengthen the Māori-Crown relationship by role modelling authentic practise to build capability as a good kawanatanga partner
- Lead the function through change and on to continuous improvement
They are seeking someone for the role who has lived experience, or established credibility, recognition, and trust with the disability community and demonstrates commitment to understanding the unique and diverse experiences of disabled people.
Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | The Ministry of Education are committed to reflecting the diverse communities they serve, and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities.
If you require assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process, please let the recruitment company know.
For more information and to apply see the General Manager Learning Support, Te Tāhuhu | The Ministry of Education job advert.
Applications close midnight, Sunday 5 March.