Despite vaccine passes not being currently legally required, the government is urging people to keep an updated version handy.
The current vaccine passes are all due to expire in the coming week so you will need to update yours.
Passes will be valid for six months and can be requested:
- through My Covid Record (You can now also request a pass for someone else through My Covid Record. You will need to know their NHI number)
- by calling 0800 28 29 26
- or by visiting a participating vaccination site
Up to date with your vaccinations?
To request a new pass you will need to be up-to date with your vaccinations. This means:
- If you are 18 years and over you need to have had 2 primary doses, plus a booster
- 12 to 17-year-olds need to have had 2 primary doses
- vaccine passes are not available or required for 5 to 11-year-olds
You can book a vaccination online at Book My Vaccine
Disabled people and whānau can also contact the Covid Vaccination Healthline for tailored advice and support for getting vaccination appointments, including assistance for coordinating transport to and from a vaccination site and arranging any support and/or accommodations needed.
- call 0800 28 29 26 and ‘push 2.’
- use the free text option — text 8988
- email the team at email@example.com
Not up-to-date with vaccines, but had Covid-19 in the last three months?
If you are not up to date with your vaccinations because you have had COVID-19 in the last 3 months, you can request a temporary My Vaccine Pass from 31 May.
You can only get a temporary My Vaccine Pass if your positive result has been reported at the time of infection. This includes if:
- you reported your positive RAT result at the time of infection through My Covid Record or
- someone else reported your positive RAT result at the time of infection or
- you tested positive through a PCR test, which was reported for you.
Wish to request vaccines passes for a lot of people at once?
If you require vaccine passes for a group of 10 people or more then you can do so by filling out this online form.