Easy Read: How to get free face masks Easy Read [pdf]
Braille: How to get free face masks braille version
You can access free masks from your local pharmacy or community health care centre. Masks are now freely available and are there to help prevent the spread of Covid-19. You can also order Rapid Antigen Tests online or by calling 0800 222 478, then press 3.
Both medical masks and P2/N95 particulate respirator masks are available from the providers mentioned, with those people at higher risk of severe illness if they contract COVID-19 being prioritised for P2/N95 masks. This includes people:
- with compromised immunity;
- with high-risk medical conditions;
- who are older;
- who live in aged care facilities;
- who are pregnant;
- with an impairment;
- who live with mental health conditions or addictions;
- of Māori and Pacific ethnicity;
- who smoke.