- Flexible location
- Salary range: $100,000 - $130,000
- Alternate formats: see the bottom of the page for the job ad and description in alternate formats
- Please note the closing date for applications has been extended to Monday 12 June
The Disabled Persons Assembly of New Zealand (DPA) work on systemic change for the equity of disabled people.
We work within a human rights framework and in particular we honour Te Tiriti o Waitangi and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD).
We are a membership-based pan-impairment Disabled People’s Organisation (DPO); our governance and staff members are predominantly disabled people.
Our work includes: reflecting the collective voice of disabled people, locally, nationally and internationally; information and advice; advocacy; and monitoring.
We are seeking a Chief Executive who will provide leadership for all operational aspects of DPA’s purpose of working on systemic change for the equity of disabled people. The CE is responsible for leading the implementation of DPA’s strategic plan as set by the National Executive Committee and for effective operational and financial management of the organisation.
You will have:
- Proven understanding, commitment, and leadership experience in disability rights.
- Demonstrable commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- Previous management experience.
- Qualifications in Management, Finance, IT, and/or Human Resources Management an advantage.
Some of your day-to-day functions will include:
- Identifying and using effective strategies for influencing systemic change for the equity of disabled people.
- Overseeing the organisation's day-to-day operational management.
- Developing and maintaining key relationships.
- Being the public face of the organisation.
DPA is a flexible workplace and location and hours are negotiable including the possibility of job share. We are an organisation committed to the employment of disabled people. We encourage applications from people who also identify as Māori, Pacifica, former refugee, migrant, and rainbow.
How to apply
To enquire further or to apply for this role, please contact us by email CErecruitment@dpa.org.nz. Your application should include a cover letter and a CV and be addressed to our National President, Joanne Dacombe.
DPA are committed to making our application process accessible to everyone. If you require an alternative method of application, please let us know.
Chief Executive Disabled Persons Assembly NZ Inc. Position Description [Word Doc]
Monday 12 June
Job ad and description in alternate formats
DPA Chief Executive job ad - Easy Read [Word]
DPA Chief Executive job ad - Easy Read [PDF]
DPA Chief Executive job description - Easy Read [Word]
DPA Chief Executive job description - Easy Read [PDF]
DPA Chief Executive job ad - NZSL
DPA Chief Executive job description - NZSL
DPA Chief Executive job ad - Large Print [Word]
DPA Chief Executive job description - Large Print [Word]
DPA Chief Executive job ad and description - Audio
The job advert and description are available as a Braille Ready Format (BRF) file on the Blind Citizens NZ website.